Tutoring and Coaching services are closed for the spring semester.
Tutoring prepares you to be successful in your courses by matching you with a trained and experienced tutor who is familiar with your course content and can help you learn it as well as helping you develop your approach to studying. Tutoring is offered for both undergraduate and graduate courses.
New Tutoring service being offered this semester. You can now make an appointment with Damon Baker to have a one-on-one tutoring session for Sakai, Zoom, Panopto assistance. In addition, he can provide tutoring for difficult components of Excel that you may be trying to troubleshoot, or problem solve for a course project.
Please take advantage of these new services by going to the appointment tool to make an appointment.
Sixty-minute tutoring appointments provide a variety of different subject and discipline options. The RLB Library offers in-person tutoring, drop-in math and accounting tutoring (no appointment necessary), online tutoring, and group tutoring. Students can have individual or group tutoring sessions, depending on the discipline and tutor.
Our tutors are all current students who have successfully completed all of the courses they tutor. Tutors participate in CRLA training program to learn how to strategically assist students in tutoring sessions and offer helpful strategies to utilize outside of the tutoring session. Tutors must meet strict requirements:
- They must have taken the course and received a B+ or higher. In some cases, tutors may have taken a similar course
- They must be approved by a faculty member teaching the course
- They are trained in tutoring methodology and meet the demands of CRLA certification. CRLA is a national organization that determines best practices for peer tutors.
Tutoring supplements attendance, reading, homework, and lecture – all the ways you are expected to learn.
Tutoring is offered during the semester with limited availability between semesters (i.e. summer and December/January breaks). Check the Appointment Tool for availability.
Zoom session expectations:
- Make sure you are in a well-lit area.
- Check your computer for audio volume/unmute yourself.
- Gather all your notes, open your e-textbook, and other course lecture materials needed.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.