Make an Appointment
Signing up to meet with a tutor, writing consultant, or coach is simple.
1. Log into MyUB and click the Appointment Tool lightbulb icon in the Tools section.
2. Select a schedule from the “Click Here to Select” dropdown menu.
3. Select a day, time and select appropriate tutor or librarian.
4. Double click on a white appointment box to enter your information.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create Appointment”.
6. Once your appointment is saved your selected time slot should appear as a yellow square on the appointment page.
If this is your first time using the appointment tool you will be prompted to add your phone number so that we can call you if there is a last minute change.
All appointments are made using this online system.
- You can walk in to the Writing Center (BL217), although an appointment is recommended.
- You do not need an appointment for the Math Support Center (BL201).
- You can reserve study rooms in RLB Library through this Tool.
Also on This Page:
Can't make it to campus? Some coaches, tutors and writing consultants are available to meet with you online.
Schedule an Online Appointment using the Appointment ToolSome of our staff members are available for both face-to-face and online appointments, while others may only be available for one or the other. If you want to schedule an online appointment, please make sure to select a consultant who accepts them.
Look below a staff member's name to see what type of appointments they accept:
If you choose a consultant who is available for both face-to-face and online appointments, be sure to select Yes - Meet Online in the Meet Online? drop-down menu:
If you need a computer or other equipment for an online appointment, you can learn more about the Technology for Students Program available through the Office of Technology Services.
What if I don’t see the subject or course I’m looking for?If you don’t see your course or computer application, please complete a tutor request form. This form will alert us that there is a need for your course and allow us to seek out a tutor as soon as possible.
Once you’ve successfully made an appointment, you’ll receive a confirmation in your UBalt email. The email will also give you options to modify or cancel the appointment should you need to.
Unless the tutor emails you otherwise, you’ll meet your tutor in the Tutoring Lounge on the 2nd floor of RLB Library. Also on that floor are the Writing Center, BL217, and Math Support Center, BL201.
You can cancel your appointment using the same online appointment system you used to make the appointment. Simply log in, select “My Appointments” from the main menu, and click “Cancel this Appointment.” Please make sure all cancellations are done at least four hours in advance.
We do not support phone calls for appointments. Students should make their own appointments using the Appointment Tool. Please let us know if you are having trouble.
If your account has been "disabled" it's possible there's an issue with your account that we need to discuss with you. Contact us by email or in person at your earliest convenience to get your account back online.