The History of Modern Baltimore Lives Here.
Special Collections and Archives collects, preserves, and provides access to archival materials in all formats to support the research needs of students, scholars, and the public. We demonstrate our commitment to the local community by sharing and expanding our unique resources on the history of modern Baltimore.
- Baltimore Regional Studies Archives: 20th-century local history collections
- University Archives: Institutional records of the University
- Hereditary and Lineage Organization Archives: National membership records
Search Online: Access to our collections is provided through the online collection database
Special Researcher Access Notice (updated 3/13/2020): Due to public health concerns with the spread of COVID-19, the Special Collections & Archives Research Room is closed. Onsite research appointments and walk-in services are unavailable during the closure.
Archives staff will continue to provide online services during normal business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm). These services include:
- Remote reference - Ask archival staff questions about collections by phone or email
- Online research consultations - Conduct in-depth research appointments with an archivist using online video conferencing
Please continue to check the University website for updates, or contact archives staff for additional information.
For more information: Use the navigation options in the column to the left, or read about our recent activities in the library's blog!